Description: Today computers are no longer specialized tools used only by scientists and engineers. They are everywhere. They are a fact of life, a common thread that ties together our education, work and home. With computers touching nearly every facet of our lives, it is essential for children to acquire computer literacy at an early age. Viva Start Up Computer Science aims at introducing the latest technological developments in communication and data processing.
The key features of the series are:
• Familiarization with practical applications of the computer
• Simple and easy-to-understand language
• Activity-oriented approach with plenty of screen captures, extensive colourful illustrations, creatively designed exercises, individual and group activities
• Concepts introduced in a step-by-step manner to help students acquire basic computing skills
• Fact Bytes: Interesting facts to increase knowledge
• Hot Keys: shortcuts to save time
• For the Teacher: notes are provided for the teachers suggesting creative ways to approach a topic
• Memory Bytes: quick run-through of all the topics in the chapter
• IT Digest: computer-related snippets and jokes
Target Audience: Schools, Students of Class - 1, Teachers & Parents.